Dear SHISD Families,
As you may know, Gregg County is experiencing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases. Unfortunately, Spring Hill ISD is having students and staff test positive for COVID as well.
To help ensure the safety of your student, please monitor your child closely for signs of illness such as fever, coughing, runny nose, congestion, sore throat, headache, stomachache, loss of taste or smell, etc. Please be aware symptoms associated with allergies are being seen in children with COVID-19.
Please do not send your child to school if they are showing any signs of illness. If you have any questions, please contact the campus nurse.
The safety of our students and staff is the greatest priority in Spring Hill ISD.
The District will continue implementing the following safety protocols:
- Classrooms will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning supplies available daily. Disinfecting and cleaning will continue schoolwide.
- Air exchange in classrooms and common areas will continue to be maximized and monitored.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to sanitize classrooms and areas where a COVID positive case is identified.
- Buses will be sanitized regularly.
- Social distancing practices will be used where possible.
- Masks are not required at this time but are encouraged due to the recent increase in positive COVID cases.
- Notifications will be sent to all teachers, staff, and families of all students in a classroom or extracurricular or after-school program cohort if a test-confirmed COVID-19 case is identified among students, teachers, or staff who participated in those classrooms or cohorts.
- If there is a positive case in the home and your student is showing symptoms, please contact the school nurse.
- Per the Texas Education Agency, school systems must exclude students and staff from attending school in person who are actively sick with COVID-19, who are suspected of being actively sick with COVID-19, or who have received a positive test result for COVID-19.
Thank you for your help as we work together to keep students and staff safe and healthy!