Spring Hill Alumni: Keeping in Touch with the Past, Present, and Future
is to provide two scholarships annually to graduating students
of Spring Hill High School.
In 1887 a small building was erected next to a hill with a stream coming from it, hence the name “Spring Hill”. The site selected was a mile south of the present school, with 65 students enrolled. The first graduating class was in 1942. In 1933 a new brick building was built at the current site of the school.
At that time a Teacherage was also built to house the family of the Superintendent and unmarried female teachers. This was during the Oil Boom when the safety and well being of the teachers were an important factor.
The Teacherage has been converted to a museum for Spring Hill Schools. To schedule a museum visit, please contact Annette Odom Wolverton; [email protected]
Click here to join the Alumni Association today!